24 November 2013

Off the Floor

It's been a while. I know. Life and stuff. A lot has happened since we last spoke. Visiting hospitals then visiting musicians, obtaining unwanted health issues and yet getting to meet and mingle hair with more favorite musicians (more later....), creating things, getting pissed at things, writing things. Just a lot going on.  

It would seem that this song, however, has chosen itself to be my wake up call, and not just because of seeing them live...or listening to the album whenever I'm in the car....I think there's a message in there somewhere, probably right around the chorus....which is so very catchy, it's the first thing I hear when I wake up lately! 


You'll have to click to find out what this very important wake up call says!  Go on. Click it. Do it. You won't be sorry......



So, my dad had his surgery and supposedly he is cancer-free again (well, sort of, until he starts chemo and radiation treatments.) Went to my friend's wake (or viewing, as we call it here in Ohellio). That was all too surreal and freaked me out a bit much. It's kind of unsettling when you see and talk to someone you haven't seen or talked to in over 20 years...and the memories are all so very still vivid. Trippy shit. Day after dad's surgery, The Winery Dogs played the local venue and barring the fact that the sound TOTALLY BLEW CHUNKS, it was an amazing show. 


Not Hopeless

I wanna take down the walls
Bring them down to the ground.
Whatever comes with the fall.
Turn it upside down!

Fooling yourself.
A word from the wise.
Your making your hell.
You gotta know that you don't have nine lives!

Open the door, there's nothing to lose anymore,
whatever you believed in before, you know it's not hopeless.
Come on pick yourself up, off the floor,
and find out what your really fighting for,
whatever you believed in before
you know it's not hopeless.

I don't have anything here.
Nothing I can't live without.
The road is so very clear.
And I don't have any doubts!

You live with the pain, and keep on tempting your fate.
Our future's the same 
you wanna know that it's never too late.

New plan, so follow if you can.
See here, yesterday is over.
New man, the futures in your hands,
see now, how to make it sober.
Because yesterday is over!

So, yeah, alot has happened in the past few weeks. But now, more than ever, I am totally realizing the truth in those lyrics up there...because really, nothing is hopeless. 

No comments: