05 September 2013

Biting Tongues and Rocking Boats

I can't begin to tell you why, but 'You're gonna hear me ROAR' was on loop in my brain cell a few moments ago. Probably some snippet used on the vapid morning fluff show, since they can only reference pop music.





Regardless of how it got there, this is truly what defined me in the past: 

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
scared to rock the boat and make a mess
so I sat quietly, agree politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me passed the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

And though this somewhat catchy melody is full of washed up colloquialisms, the fact remains that once you WAKE UP, people will begin to hear you roar.  There comes a point when you stop sitting idly by and start to stand up for yourself. 

And then, because this is how the Universe deals with me, I saw this off on the sidebar.  


Absolutely not my kind of music, in no way, shape or form, and yet I got to the 00:45 mark and saw this: 


I have definitely had my share of things I want to completely erase from my mind. And I have most definitely made a point of constantly trying to forget them. I have torn things to shreds, written things down in more than one notebook and then set fire to it all, in the hopes of making all the bad dissipate with the blackened smoke. 

However, I learned through trial and a plethora of error, that you can't make a point of forgetting, you just have TO forget.  You have to let go. You have to release it from your brain and let it float up and away like a runaway balloon. Otherwise, it will consume you to the point of insanity. If what you're trying to forget starts to define your very reason for waking up, you won't be able to focus on forward motion, ever.  

So, for all those things that held me down, pushed me past my own breaking points, and made me want to forget my own existence, I have to let them all go so that I can roar.  

As so astutely stated by the late Jeanne Cooper's character Katherine Chancellor.....

Live, until you die.  


LIVE until you DIE.  


LIVE.  



No comments: