29 May 2013

Guerrilla Wheels

Why do I keep coming back to this....and only this....


Because of this: 

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here, what better time than now..... 

Let's face it, I'm not your typical anything. I have my own beat. I have my own set of drums. I march wherever the hell I wanna march. Occasionally, I tried to dance to someone else's tunes, but ultimately, my speakers are louder.

These are the things I know to be true about myself:

  • I never was, am not now, nor will I ever be cut from 'corporate' or 'managerial' cloth
  • I hate fakery. Like my very wise father said (and many others) "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all". It kind of stung a bit, since he said that on a video made for our wedding day.....but I respect him more for that than for pretending that we have any sort of close-knit relationship
  • I have no patience when it comes to the workplace. Either you wanna work or you don't. Pick one. 
  • I have zero tolerance for animal haters. 
  • I love all animals. 
  • I don't love all humans
  • I would rather be alone on the side of a mountain in a cabin, writing my manifesto, whilst donning my black hoodie, and then knitting several blankets than to be in the middle of a party. I don't blend. 
  • I am an introvert by nature and probably genetics. 
  • I have zero tolerance for whining and constant complaint. If you're so very miserable, DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE IT. The constant negativity doesn't serve anyone any purpose other than to inject more negativity into your surroundings.  
  • Push me, I push back. Plain and simple. 
  • Play games with me, I play back.  Not that I WANT to play games, but, 'When in Rome...', right?  
  • I am beautiful. Not in every single way, mind you, but I am, indeed beautiful. I might not see it all the time, and you might not see it, if you have a certain set of standards by which you define beauty, but I am. Deal with it.  
  • Sometimes, I give up too easy.  Other times, I don't know when to quit.  
  • I am loyal. If you tell me something, it stays with me and goes nowhere else. Even if friendship dies, secrets stay secret when they are with me. Period. 
  • I detest backstabbing and passive-aggressive maneuverings.  If you have a problem with me, grow some cohones and say so, to my face. In other words, grow up. 
  • I'm not religious. I'm probably closer to an agnostic than an atheist, but atheists make a lot of pertinent and well-researched points. This does not mean that I think YOU should anti-religion too. It just means that when I find something I have to say about it, I will.  If you have something to say about your beliefs, say so. Thought can be provoked from any direction, if you keep your mind open. 
All that being said.....the time for change is now. The wheels in the sky, and in my head, are turning.....ideas are forming. Plans are being made.  Boldness definitely does have magic in it.  





No comments: