27 May 2013

Swept Under, Swept Away

I'd have to say, at this point, that I'm fairly all the way mentally checked out on certain things. This tends to happen when things get swept under rugs, problems are ignored, people cease to communicate and resort to a more passive-aggressive treatment and things just all around go sour. I don't quite understand why or when things went to shit, but they certainly did. I don't know quite when I gave up and just started being like everyone else, but I did. I just can't be forced to care anymore. All I know is that life is just too short for so much drama, backstabbing and irrelevant bullshit and that I have so much more to offer than is appreciated currently. I don't delude myself....I'm just a warm body...and warm bodies are most certainly replaceable.


Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.....

Truer words, right?  

I just can't see myself repeating this process day in, day out, ad infinitum.  I have words, I have heart, I have creativity. I am not going to waste away in a drone-like existence for the great good of corporate/retail profit margins. 

I did the best I could with what I was given, and oh, how dare I ever open my mouth and put voice to my frustrations. How dare I expect that anyone else would care to make improvements where improvements definitely need to be made.  That won't change when I'm gone. There are plenty of rugs...plenty of brooms. It was that way before I showed up, and I highly doubt that well will run dry any time soon.  

Jobs, like humans, are replaceable. This was, in all reality and after peeling away the  delusion that I mattered at all, just a job. There are more. 



No comments: