26 September 2012

I Still Was A Madman


Thanks to a friend on FB, now there is this...stuck on loop....


Funny story about this song...well, probably not funny, but yeah....

The first time I ever heard it was at the end of this movie: 


I was all of about 9 years old. My aunt used to take me to movies at least once a month, probably more. I always got to see the cool movies and shows when I hung out with her. Anywhooooo, I think this was probably the first time my young, impressionable mind ever got acquainted with the idea that someone on TV was NOT living inside the television, but could also move to the big screen at will.  Henry Winkler was no longer walking around with his hair slicked back and his thumbs waving in the air. And clearly, I don't even remember that Harrison Ford was also making his way through the universe with a fuzzy counterpart and two less-than-technologically advanced robots. Ah, to be young and ignorant again.  

Watching "Heroes" was also probably the first time I had witnessed a character that was clearly there, or getting to losing his mind. Thusly, I remember vividly the fact that he carried around a worm farm in a shoe box. 

All too often, I feel like I'm masquerading with a reason. Like my existence actually means something. I guess it's what gets me up and keeps me going. Whatever it takes, right? But then, on the flip side, I sit and ponder just what the fuck the point is of all this mess we call life. I think my charade includes focusing on the little, menial, unimportant events of any given day just so I can pretend that maybe life won't come to an end without me having ever accomplished anything other than just surviving. 

I don't want to exist without ever having done SOMETHING that matters. I guess I just haven't quite figured out yet what I can do that WILL matter....what WILL make a difference. For now, I just keep carrying on and hoping that there really will be peace when I am done. Que Sera, Sera, eh?  


Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about, I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

No!

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry, don’t you cry no more… no more






No comments: