03 March 2012

You Can't Imagine The Horror

What a hellacious week/end of storms passing over the country! No alarm yet again, just the sound of blustery bullshite outside the window. We've been nothing short of fortunate in our lives to never have suffered through the kind of devastation left in the wake of such storms. Many times, I really thought we might become part of the many who have, but always, we've been spared. Doesn't mean it won't happen, though, and believe me, I do realize that!  

Thinking about that made me think about this....



I really don't see myself as a runner...yet, who knows. Mostly, I just run right THROUGH the middle of things. Like that bull in the china shop.....making all sorts of messes along the way.  It always kind of appalls me when I see clips like this, where someone just bolts, leaving loved ones behind. I guess it really is that Fight or Flight instinct in motion.

To me, though, I tend to relate more with this....


Kicking and screaming my way through life. Totally putting my faith, hope, love, trust and loyalty into the one person I cannot fathom being without......we face a lot of bullshite together. Yet, I really do NOT need my hand held...and I do know that I am strong enough to face things alone. I just don't PREFER to do so. 

I don't know if there's a message within all this. It just is what it is. Happy Saturday! 

No comments: