10 March 2012

Turning, Spinning Heads

O.o.   I actually slept til the alarm went off!  Can you believe it? Nor can I!!!  But this is what I woke up to...


Catchy tune. Doesn't really speak to my current state of mind, but maybe it applies elsewhere. Like to a certain child's total inability to acknowledge anything than what is directly in front of her that she WANTS to acknowledge. In other words, she paints anything black that gets in her way of a good time. C'est la Vie and all that.  

Avoidance is key. For all of us, I guess. She avoids reality...I avoid talking to her because I know it does THIS to me...


In order to avoid any ugly incidents where my head would actually start to rotate and spew forth split pea soupy vomit....


I just keep moving forward. I want nothing but the best for her, and some part of me knows that this will not happen with my involvement, so therefore, I detach. I'm always here, but I'm not going to force myself, my love, my advice or anything else in her direction. Been there, and definitely done THAT and know for certain that it never worked in the past. You can't get repeat the same steps and expect to get different results, right? So says some Dr. Phil person. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it is Saturday. Another day of tossing donuts about and smiling on the outside ensues. 

Hope you have a most excellent weekend!  



No comments: