09 March 2012

Shallots and Butterflies

So, yeah, never mind the alarm. I'm all about learning how to finagle my way around this new-fangled Pinterest site...and I come across this...







And now, Blogger is deciding to be a complete and utter bitch as related to formatting THIS particular post, so now I have to write in the HTML editor to see if I can actually write it....That was stupid. That and I am technologically challenged, so yeah....

ANYWHOOOOOOOOOO, I made a board on Pinterest for garden stuff. Big WHOOP, I know! but of course the first thing that popped in my head, whilst creating a name for said board, was this...


So witty, I know!  I can honestly say that this is probably the only Iron Butterfly song that I know or can name. I'm pretty much NOT the psychedelic type. I'm more of a Waterhouse painting trapped in the body of an oaf. Think Ophelia meets Shrek's wife (can't remember her name right now..nor do I have the talent to Photoshop the two together.....(if you do, however, I would LOVE to see it!! :D). These shall have to suffice...

Me (on the inside) 
Very delicately borrowed from here...

Me (In reality...well, with black hair instead of red...)
Not so gently borrowed from here...

You can imagine. While the delicate, supremely adorned inner me would be gliding gracefully around the beautifully furnished garden...the real me would instead be doing more of a waddle/shuffle, observing the not so beautifully furnished backyard and subsequent alfalfa field.  

It's all in the mind, though, right?  What you think is what you get. I suppose the Universe would like me to realize that if I think I am Fiona, I will be....and so if I then reverse thinking and instead see myself as The Lady of Shallott, I too can don Stevie Nicks-esque apparel and glide all over hell and back with nary a mistake or foible to be made. 

For today, though, I think I'll just don my work uniform and go play amongst the baked goods.  Happy Friday!  

2 comments:

DS_Aldridge said...

Oh God Please! You are so gorgeous, and you keep putting yourself down. STOP! STOP! STOP!

Miragi said...

I just don't see ME that way. I know sometimes I can look good, but when I compare myself to others (which I do probably too much), this is just how I see ME amongst all the THEMS. :) As my beloved reminded me, however, he wouldn't be WITH me if I didn't "do it" for him....I said, "Well, I am a nice person"...to which he replied "Nice only goes so far...". :D He is what levels me off when I slide to far to the negative side. :) xo