13 March 2012

Rage Against the Me

I know the alarm went off this morning, but I cannot begin to even remember what was playing. This song has been rather prevalent in the past 24 hours, however...


Playing in my car, playing on someone else's Facebook feed, playing in my head.  It's just tight, this song. I really do have to start buying up some of their stuff, I really do. I just get kind of lazy. I'm like "Oh yeah, I love this..." and then in five minutes, I totally forget and flit about to the next thing in my cranial cavity.  

Then there is this...


I never heard of Long Day Fear until I found Tairrie B on Facebook. If you've followed this blog at all, you KNOW my absolute adoration of Ms. B. So when Mr. Woolgrove added me as a friend and I saw that we had Ms. B in common, acceptance was immediate!  Little did I know that meeting Richie would lead me to form one of the bestest long distance friendships, or friendships at all, that I've had.....with his sister, my beloved Eliza. We just get each other. There's an age gap, smallish, but otherwise, we have much the same sense of humor, the same types of struggles and it's just a good fit!  

As for the band, I don't know any of them, but Richie, but I have listened to the music, and I do say I like it! To me, and I am NO sort of musical expert whatsoever, it's just straightforward, no bullshit, heavy hitting, bouncy shit (shit, in a good way...not the poo way). And in the recent world of Metal, where all these youngsters try to outsound like each other, Long Day Fear stands out in their field....sometimes, even literally...like this...


Funny, it's a field of ROCKs. :D  

So MAYBE what the Universe would like you and I to know today is that you just have to do your OWN thing. Everything else be damned.  I've made so many mistakes in life, some I keep making, but all I can do is get back up and try again and again and again.....

Balls to the wall, man....





No comments: