27 March 2012

No Light In Sunny Rooms Without You

No alarm today, just some random, weird, twangy, subconscious or real noise that dinged me awake. Weird. Dreamed of people that I once used to get along with, be friends with, etc., who no longer have any sort of role in my life and, for the foreseeable future, will NOT ever be in my life again. Combined with strange people and places I've never seen. The mind does silly, silly things when the rest of you is slumbering away.

I've been blessed, particularly with the advent of computers and internet connections, to have heard some of the most breathtaking, heart-wrenching voices in the entire Universe. Most said voices come wrapped up in people that you would never suspect of having such beauty within. That faithful life lesson of never judging books by their dust jackets!   

The young man I saw last night, by way of one Caroline Manzo, of The Real Housewives of New Jersey (of whom I do follow on the Book of Faces) shared this.




For sooooooome reason, when I tried to add it via Blogger's Youtube tool, it decided to BE a tool and say that all these videos were blocked.....so if you should have trouble getting to it from here, I highly recommend you visit this link...here

Being an avid fan of the classical, operatic performers, such as Pavarotti, Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban and the like, this was just right up my alley......this being one of my favorite songs of all time...



and with Jonathon Antoine's obvious talent, in no time, he will be perfecting the art of this song.....



It's such a messed up thing how music touches the core of your soul. Sometimes. For me, it is this music and these voices to be certain. The other thing that gnaws at my heart is Italy. I don't know why, but it always pulls me in.....


There is absolutely no reason for it. I mean, I am 'just a small-town girl....living in a lonely world' of farms and farmers, smack down in the center (ok, Northwest corner) of Ohio. Not an Italian restaurant for at least 25 miles, where spaghetti is served from the box of Chef BoyArdee. Please. I rebelled in high school and read The Godfather for a book report, instead of one of the tomes provided on the assigned reading list. I found Venetian clown dolls and soon became obsessed with finding them, as well as Venetian masks...which probably explains my love of this man...

Very gently borrowed from this place...

I mean, just look at the absolutely exquisite detail....I don't (sadly) see him as a human, even, but just a thing of beauty that would add to my dwindling collection of dolls. 

But I most definitely did digress.....

Back to Mr. Antoine. Not only is he going to reach the level of Pavarotti one day, he can do this too...



I don't know whether that's a remake or something that he and his friend(s) composed, but it's also divine on a whole separate level. 

I just look forward to more. 

And today, on this my day off, the Universe would like me to know that there is so much more out there to see, hear, feel, touch and do.  Do you feel like I do?  

No comments: