12 March 2012

Down in My Park

Not sure why, but failing the appearance of any music from the radio this morning, this song has been looping around my brain cell for the past several days....


And I do mean LOOPING......and yet I never knew it was a remake of this...


So much music, so few ears on my head to take it all in.....but I've gotta say that I do like the cover better than the original. It's very mellow and funky all at the same time, plus it sounds good LOUD in my car. 

I get bored with music. Probably because I get on a kick, play the hell of something or someone, then blah. And usually, if I hear a song on a show or on the radio and then I think the rest of that artist's material is going to be good, I'm in a for a big let down.  Take Sia, for instance. I can't even pronounce her name, but I love this song to pieces....


Mainly because I don't think there could EVER have been a more perfect song to conclude Six Feet Under. It was absolutely PERFECTION in musical form. So I'm thinking, her other stuff has got to be just as amazing. Wrong. Bought the album, listened once, sold it. Yawn x about 3. Wow. Which is why I guess this whole new world of obtaining music works so much better than it did in the past when you were stuck with one album...now you can just go pick, choose and collect as many singles as your little heart desires. 

I don't think there's much of a Universal message for or from me today. Maybe just find what you like and take it with you on the drive to work. Makes the time go much faster! 

Happy Monday! 



1 comment:

DS_Aldridge said...

I never liked the Gary Neuman version either. Foo Fighters was more of a remake than a cover. I love Foo Fighters, have ever since This is a Call.