17 February 2012

Thar She Blows

Yeah, so this week is SO beyond messed up, schedule-wise, I can't even begin to process it yet and I'm smack in the middle of it. Sleep? What is this SLEEP you speak of?  We don't got no stinking sleep here. I guess a mood or 'tude adjustment is definitely in order. I don't WANT to feel this way about work. I like my job. I just don't LIKE how some things are done. Sure, I'm flexible, I can change, I learn fast, I work hard, etc., etc., blah, blah, but damn.....I feel like a yo-yo. Teach me to EVER again say that I have open availability. But, you do what you gotta do to get a job, right? Live and learn, then keep your head down, mouth shut, eyes and ears open and just. show. up.

That's just the way it is...


This song reminds of early spring.....early morning......right when the sun is coming up...that excellent feeling, comfortably warm yet cool enough that it's just not miserable outside....the smell of spring. Probably because it really, really hit my radar back around that time of the year a few years back. Have to go dig out that cd. One of my favorites. 

Tesla makes me feel young again. Takes me back to the days before I had a care in the world. The days when I did a lot of stupid things, yet, the days when I could see hope. Don't get me wrong, I can still see hope, with a lot of things, like love and the future of my children, but for myself and a real "career", probably not so much. Which is why, with this job, I just adopted the attitude of 'Whatever' and 'I just show up'. I don't want drama. I don't want gossip. I just want to show up, work hard, get paid and have fun with the few co-workers that I like to be around. They make me smile. They make me laugh. They get me away from a life of wasting away working at home, being alone 90% of every day. Going to an actual, real place of employment gives me a sense that I am actually needed out there in the world. Working at home, not so much. 

In other, totally unrelated news....I had a listen to Nikka Costa's Pebble to a Pearl yesterday. Gotta be honest. Totally, completely disappointed. Sad to say that the Nikka I hear when she posts live clips of Facebook (or FacePlace, as they call it on Young & The Restless) is NOT what I hear when she cuts an album. Nothing has topped the first one...



Which I wholeheartedly recommend...just seems that since then, something gets seriously lost in the translation. Kind of like when The Black Crowes try to venture away from their original excellence into the venue of God-only-knows-what-they-were-thinking land.  And whilst I adore Nikka Costa and the soul and fire in her voice, I just don't like the direction of the commercial releases. She's got a magical, stupifyingly powerful voice. I just really wish she would use it more whenst recording. 

I guess that sums up yesterday and today. Just kind of blah. Didn't post yesterday, because the negative energy levels were through the roof and thusly I didn't feel the need to impart them upon your collective psyche. 

I'm off. Perhaps to take a nap? Perhaps to knit? Who knows. Enjoy your weekend! Someone has to!  

:)  




No comments: