04 February 2012

Rainbows and Silver Linings

Didn't sleep for shite. Conscious every hour on the hour, it seemed. Then I get up and this starts looping around in my skull....


Maybe because we heard it the other day whilst being out and about in the car? That would most likely HAVE to be it, since I don't listen to Rainbow on a regular basis. I'm gonna go out on a very shaky limb here and guesstimate that the Universe is trying to send a very loud, and very clear message to me and my beloved about our health. 

We've been somewhat ignorant to the exhorbitant amount of junk (in the form of processed foods and unhealthy fats) that we've been ingesting. We've got huge changes to make. Huge. A total renovation of the dietary (food, not fad diet) intake and starting to work out. We both work in very physical lines of work, yet, there is MORE we can do. 

So, it's time to pull out my copy of this...



and probably this, as well...

and definitely this....

So I can start to make sense of where we need to go, in terms of shopping, cooking, eating and moving.  I am blessed because I already have a general idea of what to do.....eliminate anything processed or full of bad fats, and start moving....and I think that since we'll be doing this together, that it will be much easier to accomplish what needs to be done.  

We've watched people on both sides of us go through issues caused by the ingestion of too much crap, and we both know that we don't want to copy that, so now IS definitely the time.  


Favorite motivational line ever....

"It has to start somewhere It has to start sometime
What better place than here, what better time than now?"




No comments: