11 February 2012

Pacifiers and Panaceas

Whilst it would appear that I've been slacking, I've decided that some days, neither the Universe nor myself have much to say. Rather than trying to wring any kind of wisdom out of my lonely brain cell, it's sometimes better to remain silent. Today, however, I am off, so no wake up call. Just sitting here, listening to the wind, trying to stay warm and thinking. 

Being that my Beloved is on a Rush kick, after watching the dvd the other night, he played this for me ...


A beautiful song, one which he says makes him think about me. This makes me smile.  He's the romantic of the pair. I feel badly that I'm just not up to par in that department. I'm good at giving. I'm good at listening. I'm good at loving, in general. I just lack in romantic creativity. I wish it were different. I wish there was a manual that told me exactly what to do for THIS particular man that I could be 100% certain would let him know just how much I love him and how special he really is. 

All I can do is be me...

And think of this song, yet again...



See, I'm the pacifier. He's the panacea. I keep things calm, sometimes even balanced. He cures all my ills. That's just the way it is. 




No comments: