25 February 2012

Loco Blind Bats and Paradise By the Vegemite Sandwich

What a screwy week. Work was about the only place I could go to forget about the BS. Work and in the arms of my beloved. I know, I have really, really, REALLY been slacking lately......real life got in the way of trying to listen to the Universal message du jour.

Today, I got a message from my beloved. It was, without a doubt, a very sweet, very real, very heartfelt message, and it came along with this....


We've been through alot during our life together, and yet, it's all been worth it. The pain, the joy. All of it.
Before all of that happened, though, the week has pretty much been a rousing round of this...


then, because it didn't sink in until this week, I heard Coldplay's new song 'Paradise' used in a commercial....and just knew I needed to hear it loud. I mean really loud, within the confines of my car, newly returned from the shop and looking splendid after they fixed all the assorted bumps, holes and dings caused by one very clumsy, misguided deer. So, I found the cd and popped it in yesterday. Sheer, unadulterated, very loud bliss. There are just certain Coldplay tunes that need to be loud for best results....like this....


Then, during a discussion of how Nutella does NOT look very appetizing, the word 'Vegemite' came up because I incorrectly somehow deduced that Nutella was just as Australian as Vegemite. After some brief research, directly from the source, I do realize that my assumption was incorrect and TOTALLY irrelevant....but then I could not remember what song used 'Vegemite' in its lyrics. Today, of course, I remembered. It was this...


I think the Universe is trying to distract me, so I am not expending so much important and better used minutes of my days on being full of hate and disgust. It's about balance. I am blessed to have friends who understand and do little things and big things to let me know that I am not alone and to remind me that they are true friends. The kind who aren't smiling in your face, whilst twisting the knives in your back. 

So, off I go to practice letting things go. 

Sorry for the intermittent sharing of assorted Wake Up Calls. Truly, I intend to get back on track tomorrow!  

No comments: