13 February 2012

From Our Hats to Our Feet

Of course it's my day off and OF COURSE I don't sleep in. Of. Course.  Instead, I have this bouncing around inside my cranial cap....


Truly, it makes me want to go frolic out in the meadow, Julie Andrews style, apron and all.....

Gently borrowed from here...

Of course, the whole topic of hats was most likely brought on by the fact that someone commented that Mr. Richie Tyler-Woolgrove of Long Day Fear needed a 'trilby'....and me being ignorant and from the US, did not know what the hell a trilby was....to which my dear friend, Eliza, Richie's sister, responded that it was indeed a hat. Like this....

Again, gently borrowed from this place...

Or this, even....

Go here for more...

Puke. The only person who, in my opinion, looks good wearing said type of chapeau would be my son.  Just because he's adorable, he can get away with it!  

All of that, however, reminded me of a hat I once had, and wore.....much like those above, but made from leather.....and when I wore it, it twas the 80's and it was often paired with some form of lace, large, dangly earrings and neckties. So, yeah. I was dressed real neat from my hat to my feets. 

And with that, I say, we can all dance if we want to, wear what we want to, leave people behind that don't want to, and just say "fuck it". Upon occasion. Carry on!  :)  

No comments: