15 February 2012

Everybody DOES Have Their Something...

Another lazy day at the abode, during a week where work's schedule is totally askew. Not cool, but it's what you gotta do anymore to be lucky enough to have a job, right?  So, no alarm today...just spent the day piddling around the house, doing assorted bits of laundry and fidgeting with the budget and the bills. ALWAYS a happy time had by all when I tackle THAT project!!  

In the meantime, I'm kind of excited about tomorrow's drive because, for Valentine's Day, my beloved got me this: 



So, yeah, I'm kind of WAY behind when it comes to collecting OR hearing this or any other artist that I love.....but I've been drawn to Nikka Costa since the first time I heard this, whilst watching 'Blow'...


She's got one of those voices that just can't be duplicated, replicated or otherwise mimicked or cloned. I just kind of dig her. 

In other news, one beloved has learned that the aforementioned...

Gently borrowed from this place




will be traveling through the not-so-very-near neighborhood, so we will be making a trek to Indy sometime later this year to see them. Think I'll go pack my yarn and hooks and needles NOW!  Maybe, before, during and after the show, I can make this: 

Found here, in all it's exquisite splendor...


To each their very own, I always say. He's got his Maiden. I've got my yarn. It just works. But, in the spirit of complete and total fairness, perhaps, on the way there, we'll be listening to my Nikka Costa collection. 



No comments: