05 January 2012

More Than Words......

This is an emergency wake up call.....because sometimes, the Universe doesn't like to be kept waiting by the alarm clock.....this is for my daughter. I hope she hears it and gets her own wake up call.  Look up any number of My Ruin, Manhole or Tura Satana...all of which you heard copiously as a toddler.....and listen, because it all applies....and it's time to choose yourself. I love you, Boo.


My Ruin

I was born like this with hips like this
Lips like this and wrists like this
Legs like this and arms like this
A fist like this to hit you with, now

You’re like school on Sunday
You ain’t got no class
Keep runnin’ your mouth off but
You can kiss my ass

Not made to measure baby
One size does not fit all
I will not be the one
You make to take the fall
~Repeat

I got the curves to fear I got the words to feel
And when I scream I've heard them say
I’ve got the voice to heal
I got the curves to fear
I got the words to feel
You don't have to be sorry
you don't have to be saved
You just need to be proud of the body that god gave

Not made to measure baby
One size does not fit all
I will not be the one
You make to take the fall 

When you're done with that, listen to this, Megan: 


Then, go here and read the lyrics.....

Just know that you are loved. Oh, and tell that fuquer that if he's got anything else to say about you, to forego saying it on Facebook and start saying it straight to your dad's face. xo 








1 comment:

DS_Aldridge said...

I don't know you personally, Megan, but I feel like I do. I love you too, because I know how much your mother loves you. xoxo The other Deborah