18 January 2012

Breezes, Blossoms and Dragonflies Out in the Sun...

Something screamed forth from the radio this morning, but for the life of me, I could not tell you what the hell it was. Sometimes, I get this stuck in my head. There are probably 6245 versions of this song available performed by everyone from 'Muse' to Jenifer Hudson and all points in between..yet this remains my favorite. 



Every single day, as the Universe would like us to realize, is a new dawn, a new day, a new chance to have the life we want to have. Sometimes, it takes a little longer to get to it, but the point is this: Never stop trying. And whether you subscribe to the musings of Max Ehrmann's Desiderata, or whomever actually created the beauty of this piece

Until one is committed, 
there is hesitancy, 
the chance to draw back, 
always ineffectiveness. 

Concerning all acts of initiative 
(and creation) 
there is one elementary truth, 
the ignorance of which 
kills countless ideas and splendid plans: 
That the moment one 
definitely commits oneself, 
then Providence moves too. 

All sorts of things occur to help one 
that would never have otherwise have occurred. 
A whole stream of events issues 
from the decision, 
raising in one's favor all manner 
of unforseen incidents 
and meetings and material assistance, 
which no man could have dreamed 
would have come his way. 

I have learned a deep respect 
for one of Goethe's couplets: 
"Whatever you can do, 
or dream you can, begin it. 
Boldness has genius, 
power and magic in it." 

-W.H. Murray 
The Scottish Himalayan Expedition 

It doesn't matter what or in whom you believe, what matters is what YOU do with every second you've been given to live. 

I'm usually not so bright, shiny and optimistic.....but sometimes, it dings me upside the head and I have to set it free lest I burst into flame!  



Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me..
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom in the trees
You know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me...
And I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun
You know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all out having fun
You know what I mean
Sleep in peace
When, the this day is done
And this old world
Is a new world
And a bold world
For me...

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of the pine
You know how I feel
yeah, freedom is mine
When you know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me...

No comments: