20 December 2011

Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops


I can't even remember the first time that I heard this version of this song, but after that, no other version, past, present or future, will ever compare. Simple as that.  

Yeah, your wake up call for today comes a bit late, unless you live in a land far, far away from here where your morning is just now starting. Our internet took a puke last evening so we had to await the very speedy (seriously, VERY SPEEDY) arrival of a new broadband card and all its accouterments. 

Instead of being seriously peeved about the lack of connectivity, I pretty much just chilled with the menfolk and got a tremendous amount of knitting done. Knitting that I hope to have finished before Christmas Eve!  

My new, yet dear, friend Eliza needs something to alleviate her stress, frustration and anxiety. She also needs to be informed that in the short time I've known her, she's done nothing but bring me smiles and laughter. So, for Eliza, I say, just listen to this song, close your eyes and let tomorrow be a new day!  

For the rest of you.......troubles do melt like lemon drops when you put shit in order of importance. The trivial stuff just takes your focus away from all that really does matter.  That is something for which to WAKE UP! 

2 comments:

DS_Aldridge said...

I'm not so sure about the troubles melting like lemon drops, but I'm sure that everyone has their troubles. I love that version of the song too. It was so sad when he died. Literally ate himself to death, I guess. He was a beautiful person.

Miragi said...

I wish he would have stuck around. x