06 December 2011

Screaming Whispers


Always trips me out when the first line of a song is the first thing out of the radio....weird timing. Night fell last night and we went to bed at 7:30 pm. Like old people. Eeek. Sleep is good though, except for when you wake up with both hands asleep and can't shut off the alarm or turn on the light. Hate that. 

I've had many nights alone. I don't miss it. I appreciate what we have and I appreciate my beloved, more than he'll ever know. I also appreciate the fact that he's a walking, talking, snoring, musical encyclopedia, without which I'd still be sitting here trying to figure out what the song was this morning. 

Not sure what the message of the day is, but I do know that when the Universe wants you to know something, you'll know it. Usually through whispers that scream. 




Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Night, falls, and I'm alone
Skin, yeah, chilled me to the bone
You, turned and you ran,
Oh yeah
Oh slipped, right from my hand

Hey
Blue on black
Tears on a river
Push on a shove
It don't mean much
Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice
A dead man's touch
Whisper on a scream
Doesn't change a thing
Don't bring you back
Blue on black
Oh yeah, blue on black

Blind, oh, now i see
Truth, lies, and in between
Wrong, cant be undone
Oh slipped, from the tip of 
Your tongue

No comments: