07 December 2011

Save Yourself

or as my friend Steve says:  Shave Yourself.

No, this will not be an internationally acclaimed treatise on the fine art of shaving. Sorry. But watch the ads....you'll probably see a ton of really cool razors and other shaving apparati. :D

No alarm today. Another day off. I've been on this huge Adele kick this week, not sure why....but I think this may be her best song:


and as Coldplay so aptly puts it and it so aptly describes Adele:

"God gave you style and gave you grace
And put a smile upon your face"



I think this song has to be my favorite mainly because it makes want to go lift up the cover and start playing my own piano again. Not to mention the song's arrangement, her tone and phrasing....just gorgeous. When something hits you right in the heart...you know it's good, no matter what it is, it's how it affects YOU that matters. All things fall under all manner of interpretation to all people. Right? I guess if we all had the capability to recognize that, there might be less conflict all over the planet. But that's way larger a scale than someone like me needs to approach. Way larger.




Close enough to start a war
All that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for 
All that I say, you always say more

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't ask you, you to just desert me 
I can't give you, what you think you gave me 
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables 
To turning tables

Under haunted skies I see you, ooh
Where love is lost, your ghost is found 
I've braved a hundred storms to leave you 
As hard as you try, no I will never be knocked down

I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no
I won't ask you, you to just desert me 
I can't give you, what you think you gave me 
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
Turning tables

Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own savior 
When the thunder calls for me 
Next time I'll be braver 
I'll be my own savior 
Standing on my own two feet

I won't let you close enough to hurt me, no
I won't ask you, you to just desert me 
I can't give you, what you think you gave me 
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables 
To turning tables

For today, I just have to focus on me. On being braver. On being my own savior. Standing on my own two feet. We can't ever control anything other than ourselves. Period. I can control how I react. I can control how I respond. I can control what I believe to be true and what I believe to be bullshit. That's all I can do. 


No comments: