13 December 2011

I'd Need a Pretty Good Cause

No alarm, of course, because I have this stupid tendency to wake up 10 minutes before....just woke up with this song on loop:


Don't ask why, because I have NO clue whatsoever. Personally, I find Mr. Tate to be a pompous ass who can't be bothered to meet with the people who have gave him the ability to be successful. Pfft. Whatever. Still, Mindcrime was a brilliant piece of work. 

I used to trust the media

To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I've seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?


So it goes, some things never change, eh? Still the same old crooked society it was when they wrote this all those years back. 

The only thing I care to start a revolution about would be animals....yet I'm not a fanatic PETA freak. Maybe I'm more of an advocate for common sense, decency and the possession of a soul. Things like THIS should never happen, not amongst thinking, breathing humans. And to give this 'person' (using that term lightly) only 18 months when she threw that beautiful animal away like so much garbage? Please. You get more time for possessing a quarter bag of pot. That's justice?  

Make a revolution out of humanity. Make a revolution out of having a heart, a soul and the basic levels of compassion. Just make it happen. Every day. 

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

I cannot STAND people who abuse animals! I used to wonder if it was because they never had animals so they didn't realize how unique and just as important as humans they are? But I think they're just plain heartless! That would be a good cause to become a part of. I'm not a big fan of PETA either (they're a bit extreme), but I do think being a part of an organization that protects animals would be a great thing to be a part of!

Miragi said...

It's sad that there are so many organizations to choose from :( You're right, PETA goes overboard and I'm not sure what that accomplishes, either! Maybe if people just stopped thinking of animals as status symbols that change from one season to the next, that might help. Guess we just have to start local and move on from there....it seems the need for help won't be diminishing in the near future! x