11 December 2011

I Should Have Foo'd

I love my husband. He knows me. So last night, when, inevitably, there was nothing on non-cable, non-satellite TV, he decided he just couldn't wait to give me one of my Christmas presents:



What's not to love about that?  Nothing, that's what! It was everything excellent and Foo-ish that one could get! Full of music, full of history, full of things I never knew, just full of cool. One of the most interesting parts of the entire film was watching the making of Wasting Light....and this song, in particular: 




If I were the type to rank best songs on an album, "I Should Have Known" would win in for this collection. Yet, as I told my beloved last night, I don't have a FAVORITE Foo Fighters album, because I love all of them equally. There is not one of their albums that I cannot get into on any given day. Every one has something different to offer, yet all hold on to the concept of exceptional writing and composition, going from  thrashing, bouncing and pure energy to mellow, melodic and totally heartfelt. 

And I know what I want next: 


The portion of 'Back and Forth' that dealt with their Wembley performance sucked me in. I can only imagine how excellent it will be to see the entire show. 

If you don't know anything about the Foo Fighters, first, where the hell have you been? Second, just pick an album and give them a listen. 

Foo Fighters

I should have known, 
That it would end this way, 
I should have known, 
There was no other way, 
Didn't hear your warning, 
Damn my heart gone deaf

I should have known, 
Look at the shape you're in, 
I should have known, 
But I dove right in, 
One thing is for certain, 
As I'm standing here, 
I should have known.

Lay your hands in mine, 
Heal me one last time, 
Though I cannot forgive you yet, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
And leave my heart in debt

I should have known, 
I was inside of you, 
I should have known, 
There was that side of you, 
Came without a warning, 
Caught me unaware

I should have known, 
I've been here before, 
I should have known, 
Don't want it anymore, 
One thing is for certain, 
As I'm still standing here, 
I should have known.

Lay your hands in mine, 
Feel me one last time, 
Though I cannot forgive you yet, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
To leave my heart in debt
No I cannot forgive you yet
No I cannot forgive you yet
To leave my heart in debt
I should have known

Maybe you was right, 
Didn't wanna fight, 
I should have known, 
Couldn't read the signs, 
Couldn't see the light, 
I should have known, 
Though I cannot forgive you yet, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
To leave my heart in debt, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
To leave my heart in debt, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
No I cannot forgive you yet, 
To leave us all in debt, 
I should have known.



No comments: