06 November 2011

Pardon Me

While I burst into flame.........


No alarm today. Just a stupid time change that had us in bed at 7:15 PM, once I set the clocks back after being reminded at least 3 times. So, in that fugue-y realm between fully awake and completely out, for some reason, this song started playing in my lone brain cell.  Then, my mind went on to ponder the true workings of spontaneous combustion. Everything from 'Is it really real?' to 'I wonder if you can spontaneously combust whilst lying in bed next to one other human and two dogs?' Happy thoughts. 

However, hearing that song could just be reminiscent of how I've been feeling as of late. I really have had enough of this world and the mindless games and bullshit. We often discuss escaping Ohio for more fruitful, or at least visually pleasing territory, such as Arizona. But then, being fed up with the way this country is run, we start to fancy a one-way ticket to some other country. Something European. Something free. Yet, when you look at the world, as a whole, it's all fuqued up, so really, I don't think it matters where you move, there's still going to be a heaping ration of bullshit. 

What makes YOU wish to spontaneously combust?  

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've been saying for awhile now that if I could get to a country I could afford to live in, I'd leave the U.S. in a heartbeat. I've been hearing that Bangkok is a nice place, very cheap, very peaceful. This country has gone to hell in a handbasket. I don't think there is a solution. We may be the 99%, but the 1% has us by the balls.

Miragi said...

Unfortunately, it seems that 1% lives all over the world, so no matter where we go, there will be some form of screwage. :( The Mr. would like to partake of life in Amsterdam. At least there, breathing in all the assorted fumes, I could pretend that life was bearable. :)