14 November 2011

Fools and Kings

Nothing today, nothing at all. No alarm, no song in my head.  Last night I mused that there is just too much.  Too much music. Too many books. Too many movies. Too many things to do. Especially for someone like me, with the attention span of a flea. On crack. Another thing about me, when I DO get a song stuck in my head, don't ask me the name of the song, because I utterly SUCK at song titles. I have to look things up via lyrics...and if I can't clearly hear the lyrics in my head, I'm sorta screwed.

Which brings me to today's selection.  Since one can't always hear the answers from the Universe, sometimes it's necessary to find the wisdom yourself.  I only speak the truth.....repeatedly......




And the truth really is this:  

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me: the greatest thing youll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return


And no matter how you slice it or translate it, it's a fairly excellent song.  As you can see by any of these renditions: 






That Sinatra, he had some gorgeous eyes, did he not?  




No comments: