22 November 2011

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Foreigner

It helps to get one's Universal messages loud and clear when one actually turns the volume UP on the radio first. Instead of being blasted out of bed this morning, I was gently awakened by random guitar solo noise in the  background of my psyche. For the life of me, I could not place the solo...no words were forthcoming and I had to pee, thusly I just shut it off. The website playlist stated that it was either Foreigner's Jukebox Hero at 3:28 AM or Hendrix's's's's The Wind Cries Mary at 3:33 AM...which I don't think it was...because my clock is not THAT far off. And it was definitely not Van Halen's Drop Dead Legs, because that's just instantly recognizable...

Sooooooooooooo, while I do not remember there being such a long winded guitar solo in the middle of Jukebox Hero, I thought..HEY I'll look it up.  Instead, I found Jukebox Hero, the band, which was a much better find, because of this guy:


His name is Brian Gresh. He likes to wear red pants. Oh, and he can play the SHIT out of a guitar!  Plus, he does backflips. He's a plethora of talents all rolled into one human!  I wouldn't give two looks to the rest of the band, mainly because it's a cover band....which is not covering very well...but this guy's got the chops.....

Hopefully, by now, he's broken away or the band has improved, and he'll be able to get some recognition for his playing abilities. We need more musicians who can actually play something other than the garbage currently referred to as metal/rock/whatever the fuck you call it....the world also needs more backflips. 

Oh, and if I could do a backflip, I would, but that would look horrifically comical....not to mention stupid, but I would do one just the same because, finally, after 3 years of looking, applying, sporadic interviews and frustration, I finally have landed.....a JOB.  :D  

I guess the Universal message of the day, is NEVER give up and when you don't find what you're looking for, look for something else. Carry on. 



No comments: